The North American headquarters of Boydell & Brewer, located in Rochester, NY, is looking for an intern for its Marketing department. This opportunity will provide the individual excellent experience in the fields of publishing and publicity.
Boydell & Brewer is a prestigious, UK-based publisher of scholarly monographs with medieval studies representing the core of their title list. Boydell & Brewer also administers several other imprints, including the University of Rochester Press, which specializes in academic titles in a variety of fields.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented and able to work independently. Graphic design skills are a plus, but not a requirement.
– Researching potential book markets, and print, electronic and broadcast media outlets
– Maintaining and monitoring a press-wide database
– Preparing publicity kits
– Administering print marketing campaigns
– Creating and proofreading various promotional materials
– Updating files
– Distributing press coverage
– Approximately 15 hours per week
This internship is unpaid, but can be arranged for course credit as long as the student is sponsored by an approved faculty member.
Interested candidates should email a resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining why they feel they are qualified, and how this internship will help them in future career goals to Kristin Stine at email@example.com